Monday, February 1, 2010

God Is Faithful Even to the Faithless

Life. Interrupted. Week 7 Day 1

Now the LORD was gracious to Sarah as he had said, and the LORD did for Sarah what he had promised. Sarah became pregnant and bore a son to Abraham in his old age, at the very time God had promised him. Abraham gave the name Isaac to the son Sarah bore him. Genesis 21:1-3 (NIV)

God could have easily said, “You know, Abraham and Sarah, I chose you and gave you my promise, but you doubted me, you laughed at me, and you sinned against me, so I’m going to find better people to fulfill this promise. I’m done.” But, that’s not the way God is. God is patient even when we’ve run out of patience for ourselves or for others.

Despite our doubts, fears and schemes, God is faithful. Even if we’ve given up on God, God never gives up on us. Now, there are times when it is hard to see much evidence of God’s presence or work in our lives. But, He is there and always will be.

God is not about to give up on you. Where are you today? Are you ready to give up on someone? God? Someone else? Yourself? God will give you all that He has promised, if you don’t give up (Galatians 6:9). God is faithful, even when we are faithless.

No comments:

Post a Comment