Monday, May 18, 2015

When are You in Awe?

By Allen White

A deep sense of awe came over them all, and the apostles performed many miraculous signs and wonders. Acts 2:43 (NLT)
When have you experienced a deep sense of awe?

I have experienced awe in God’s creation. Whether I was climbing to the top of Yosemite Falls, driving the California coast, or hiking the trails at Jones Gap, I get this strong sense that I am a very small part of something grand. I also experienced this listening to cellist Yo Yo Ma at the Peace Center playing a solo as an encore. The place was still except for the sounds coming from those four simple strings in the hands of a master.

There have been times of worship, when the cares of this world have finally evaporated away, and it seemed like there was nothing between me and God. Unfortunately, it’s not easy to get there. God is more than willing to meet me there, but I have to flee from the noise and the hurry of my life to meet Him.

Notice in this verse that the early church experienced awe, then they experienced miraculous signs and wonders. The church wasn’t enamored by the bells and whistles of their faith. They were enamored with God Himself. They were in awe.

As you go about your day today, pause just to remember that the Master and Creator of the Universe is right there with you. May your day be filled with a sense of awe.

Support Galatians 419 Ministries with a Tax Deductible Donation through the Joy to the World Foundation:http://joytotheworldfoundation.org/operating-projects/149-galations-419-ministries/backing

Leave a Comment or Subscribegalatians419.blogspot.com
More from Allen White: allenwhite.org

Facebook: Galatians419 Group

No comments:

Post a Comment