Sunday, October 21, 2012

Can't Do Life Alone


If you would rather watch than read click here: http://youtu.be/m5QECvRtqXI

God loved the world so much that He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 NLT

Everyone eventually comes to the place where they meet their own mortality and realize they can’t do life alone. That time came for me at 2 a.m. on May 22. I couldn’t sleep because the pain was too great.

My mind was racing and it wouldn’t stop no matter how much I prayed. Belinda was crashed on the couch in the living room. We both were dealing with grievous tragedy. Our precious baby daughter, Megan, 21, months old, had died in her sleep the previous morning. We had been left to do the unthinkable, to put the pieces of our lives back together without our youngest child.

In my grief I cried out to God. It was incredulous to me that He had allowed Megan to die. How could He?

My heart hurt beyond whatever capacity for pain I thought I had. I don’t know that I really expected to hear anything back from Him but in the darkness of that moment, in my spirit, I heard something I believe came from God, I know how you feel, my Son died too.

That got my attention! I sat up. Was God speaking to me? Once I recovered from the surprise, it brought me comfort to know God was there with me in the pain. After a brief pause the thought continued, And I willingly sent My Son to die so you could live.

This was unthinkable that God would willingly choose for His only Son to die. Yet that is exactly the choice the Father God made. He sent His Son Jesus to pay for the sin of the world, for my sin and for yours.

Incredible! The love of God was never more real to me than it was at that moment. I felt His presence and His comfort was salve to my soul. He wasn’t distant. He was close.

Our healing will take a lifetime but it began with the realization God pursued relationship with me when I was at my worst. He is there with you too at this very moment, inviting relationship with you. Open your heart to Him.

Gary Kendall        
www.livingsent.net/devotionals
Week 2, Can't Do Life Alone, Day 1, Devo 6

No comments:

Post a Comment