Thursday, October 18, 2012

Tug of War


If you would rather watch than read click here: http://youtu.be/hRM3KNSQr4o

Anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! 2 Corinthians 5:17 NLT

Following Jesus leads to a life of adventure. It means we accept that we live for a purpose greater than self. I call it living SENT. By that I mean that we choose to join Jesus in His mission of redemption. He is out to exchange old useless habits and self-defeating choices for a life filled with meaningful reconciliation.

When we delay this choice our life turns into a tug-of-war. You’ve been there. Some days it feels like you are winning and other days it seems like you are being drug in a direction you don’t want to go.

I call this--the tug of war between living for self and living SENT. Will you live for a purpose higher than self? Will you dare to believe that life could be different?
I made the choice to follow Jesus and I’ve never regretted it. Be sure to read the story about the day a toilet was transformed into an altar! It’s crazy, I know.

You can be sure there were times I dropped the rope in this tug of war but the great thing is Jesus didn’t. He stayed there for me, rock solid, until I accepted his grace and started to pull with him again. And let me tell you, when He is on your side, the right side wins the tug-of-war.

Is it time for a change in your life? Do you need Someone to pull with you? Do you feel drawn to God’s love?

Invite God to reveal Himself to you right now. Say, Yes to His invitation. He does for you what you can’t do for yourself. He redeems all that is good in you, and He cleans out what doesn’t belong. When I said, Yes, to God I felt incredibly clean on the inside. I want that new beginning for you!

Gary Kendall        
www.livingsent.net/devotionals
Week 1, Tug of War, Day 5, Devo 5

No comments:

Post a Comment