Thursday, June 19, 2014

Making Short Connections with God

By Allen White

Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me. “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:4-5

I am a driven, motivated sort of guy. At times I have been called a “human doing” rather than a human being. That’s why passages like this one are a challenge to me. What’s the verb, the “action word,” here? It’s “remain.” What kind of action word is that? It’s more like an inaction word. But, to produce much fruit, I am called to remain. Otherwise, “apart from me you can do nothing.” Are you challenged by this verse yet?

The intimacy of my relationship with God is what produces fruit in my life. You cannot develop intimacy in a hurry. The problem is that I’m usually in a hurry. I don’t have time to slow down. But, here’s the deal: how much do I actually need to slow down? I don’t need to bring things to a complete halt to connect with God. I just need to slow down enough to connect with Him before I act. Maybe it’s just five minutes.
Why not make that connection with God right now?

Support Galatians 419 Ministries with a Tax Deductible Donation through the Joy to the World Foundation: http://joytotheworldfoundation.org/operating-projects/149-galations-419-ministries/backing

Leave a Comment or Subscribe: galatians419.blogspot.com
More from Allen White: allenwhite.org
Facebook: Galatians419 Group


No comments:

Post a Comment