Thursday, June 26, 2014

Why My Problems Seem Bigger Than Yours

By Allen White

For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:17-18 (ESV)

When I am afflicted, it usually doesn’t feel light or momentary. Now, when someone else is afflicted, now that can seem light, momentary and possibly trivial. Why? You’re probably thinking “because he’s so callous.” That’s not so.

My problems seem larger than other people’s because my problems are personal. I have trouble gaining perspective when I’m in the hot seat. When other people are facing things, I can see the big picture more easily, because I’m not in the middle of it. I can also pray for them more effectively than I can pray for myself.

I face affliction best, when I have someone else by my side. Someone who will encourage me, pray for me, give me God’s perspective and challenge me not to feel sorry for myself. Who does that for you?

Support Galatians 419 Ministries with a Tax Deductible Donation through the Joy to the World Foundation: http://joytotheworldfoundation.org/operating-projects/149-galations-419-ministries/backing

Leave a Comment or Subscribe: galatians419.blogspot.com
More from Allen White: allenwhite.org
Facebook: Galatians419 Group

No comments:

Post a Comment