Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Way God Wants You to Live

By Allen White

Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (MSG)

This is a hard thing to do. Sure we can pretend to be cheerful, but to actually be cheerful, that’s much more difficult.

Think about this: when are we the most appreciative of what we have? We appreciate our health when we’re sick. We appreciate a good night’s sleep, when we’re tossing and turning. We appreciate well-behaved children, when they’re pitching a fit in the middle of the grocery store. When things are going well, we tend to take everything for granted.

So, today, I have an ear infection. I’m not cheerful about the ear infection, but I am cheerful that my nose has cleared up. I am thankful for good doctors and antibiotics. I’m thankful for nice weather. I’m thankful for a quiet office where I can close the door and write.

For every bad thing that happens, we can probably come up with a hundred or maybe even a thousand things that we can be thankful for. Take a minute and count your blessings!

Support Galatians 419 Ministries with a Tax Deductible Donation through the Joy to the World Foundation: http://joytotheworldfoundation.org/operating-projects/149-galations-419-ministries/backing

Leave a Comment or Subscribe: galatians419.blogspot.com
More from Allen White: allenwhite.org
Facebook: Galatians419 Group

No comments:

Post a Comment