Monday, November 19, 2012

Faith


If you would rather watch than read click here:  http://youtu.be/CHf7TJ5m7yQ

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see. Hebrews 11:1 NLT

Living SENT requires that we venture beyond the safety of our comfort zone. Don’t put God in a box. He is God, and you are not. Practice trust and dependence on God by regularly allowing God to stretch you.

Take time to read Hebrews 11, and you will find a Hall of Fame for those who have responded to God’s call by saying, ‘Yes’!. My guess is that they didn’t have all the answers but they excelled at faith. By faith Abel brought a more acceptable offering to God than Cain…by faith Noah built a large boat to save his family from the flood. He obeyed God, who warned him about things that had never happened before…by faith Abraham obeyed when God called him to leave home…and without faith it is impossible to please God.

My experience with following God tells me God will continually test any places I’m unwilling to yield to Him. If there are places where I want to be in control, I find He regularly moves me out of my little box to help me think like He thinks.
Life here on this earth is not about our comfort, and the sooner we realize that the better. Are you willing to allow God to break your heart with the things that break His heart?

Be open to the Holy Spirit’s leading. Sometimes I get it wrong but don’t be afraid to be wrong. The more you act on what you think God is saying the better you will become at hearing. And if you are faithful with what God trusts to you, He will give you more.

Conversely, if you ignore God and tune Him out, you hear less and less. We don’t always have the benefit of carefully contemplating every option life gives. Opportunities sometimes appear where time is of the essence, if you miss the moment, you don’t always get a second chance. They disappear. And you are left asking, Why doesn’t God use me more?

Exercise faith today.

Gary Kendall
www.livingsent.net/devotionals
Week 6 SENT, Day 4  Devo 27

No comments:

Post a Comment