Sunday, November 18, 2012

Yes


If you would rather watch than read click here:  http://youtu.be/a5LD7LNXGDo

All of God’s promises have been fulfilled in Christ with a resounding “Yes!” And through Christ our “Amen” (which means ‘Yes’) ascends to God for his glory. 2 Corinthians 1:20 NLT

You are going to be asked to go to China and India and when you are, you are to say, “Yes.” Those were the words I heard in my head as I walked out of a conference center after speaking to a group of pastors in Monterrey, Mexico. It was both confusing and exciting to hear!

Where did that thought come from? God? I didn’t even know anyone planning trips to Asia. If those thoughts came from God there must be some adventure coming my way, I thought. It all felt rather surreal.

Was I imagining it? Less than a minute later, I walked into a conversation with Donna Thomas, the Founder and the President of Project Partner. The first words she spoke to me were in the form of a question. She asked me directly, Will you go to China and India with me?

Without any hesitation I answered her, Yes! Shocked, she responded, No one ever says, ‘Yes,’ the first time I ask them!

Well, if they had experienced what I had just experienced they would say, ‘Yes,’ too. I replied.

I told her the back story. She was ecstatic! I was in a daze. What had just happened? In the next few years, I did go to India twice and then to China multiple times. Years later, Donna asked me to lead Project Partner, an international ministry, now focused on China. I found someone else who would say yes and that was Kristen Levitt who became the Director of Project Partner.

Here’s the point of the story, Dare to say ‘Yes’ when God asks you to go.
I know there is an appropriate process in decision making, and I don’t want to undermine that, but make your default response, Yes, instead of No. Unless you have a negative prompting in your spirit lead with a Yes. You may never know what adventures with the Holy Spirit you will miss if you close the door before you ever begin.

What has God asked you to do that you need to respond to with a ‘Yes’? Where has He asked you to go? If you haven’t already had an experience like this will you say, ‘Yes’, when He does call?

Gary Kendall
www.livingsent.net/devotionals
Week 6, SENT, Day 1  Devo 26

No comments:

Post a Comment