Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Living a Balanced Life Week 3 Day 3

Acts 2:44-45

And all the believers met together in one place and shared everything they had. They sold their property and possessions and shared the money with those in need. (NLT)

My car died a few weeks ago. The mechanic called to say, “It would be better if you could stop by. I really can’t explain this over the phone.” I really wasn’t expecting any good news. The short of it was that the engine had beaten itself to death.

This wasn’t very good timing. My wife and I have been working hard for months now to get out of debt. Buying a new engine really didn’t fit in this plan. We’ve been following Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace teaching and knew that if we didn’t have the cash, we couldn’t do it. No more credit spending, even for necessary transportation.

There was one more source of funds I had yet to tap. If I could withdraw the funds, then I could buy the engine. It didn’t work out. I sat here at my desk and said, “God, I can’t make this work. I need your help.”

About an hour later, another believer who had loaned me a car told me, “You can keep that car if you need it.” Wow, I didn’t need to turn to the credit card “god.” The God of the universe provided through His Church and met my need.

What needs do you see today? How can God use you? What needs do you have today? How can He provide?




Copyright © 2009 by Allen White

All Scripture quotations taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation. Copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment