Friday, August 19, 2011

Weekly Digest

Posts featured on the Galatians419 Devotional blog for the week of August 14, 2011:



Past Performance Does Not Guarantee Future Results

By Allen White

If you’ve ever given your money away to an investment advisor, you’ve heard the words “Past performance does not guarantee future results.” But, we went ahead and invested. Enron had a great track record, so did Circuit City and Borders. Bye, bye money. Read more...



When to Give Up on People

By Allen White 


It’s far easier to replace something than to restore it. Several months ago, I received a call about an accident at our house. In trying to retrieve a toy, one of my children had knocked over the grandfather clock that my father had built. Fortunately, no one was injured. But, the clock is toast. Read more...








The Secret to Answered Prayer


By Allen White 

Once a year, my children disguise themselves, walk up to neighbors’ houses, and receive vast amounts of candy. Yes, our family participates in this Halloween ritual. It’s a great way to get to know our neighbors and to get free candy. Read more...






What God Wants for You


By Allen White 

My sons are at an age where both stones and snakes would have great appeal, but they wouldn’t be interested in eating either one. Most parents know how to give good things to their kids. If your house is anything like mine, there is no lack of stuff. We give our kids what they need, and we give them some of the things they want. Read more...







The Power of Persistent Prayer


By Allen White 

I can honestly say that I pray every day. I can also honestly say that I am far more motivated to pray in times of crisis than in times of calm. When the pressure’s on, I tend to run to God quite a bit faster. Read more...






More from Allen White: allenwhite.org

Most Read Posts: Celebrating 500 Posts


No comments:

Post a Comment