Friday, August 26, 2011

Weekly Digest

Posts featured on the Galatians419 Devotional blog for the week of August 21, 2011:



When God Says “Yes”

By Allen White 

For anybody who has actually ever prayed, this verse might seem a little far-fetched. We asked, but Jesus didn’t do it. What went wrong? Read more...



Will God Give Me My Dream Car?

By Allen White 

Imagine going to a car show. Your eyes fall on a new car model that you’ve never seen. Your heart races. Your palms begin to sweat. It’s the car of your dreams. Read more...




A Character Lesson from Pawn Stars

By Allen White 

When I was a kid, I belonged to a scouting group called the Royal Rangers. It was a church group. Boy Scouts were far too worldly for us. (For the record, my son is a Cub Scout. No hate mail, please). Read more...




The Secret to Pleasing God 

By Allen White 

Some of us have lived under the tyranny of a religion that said, “Don’t do this. Don’t do that. Don’t even think about doing that other thing.” Don’t. Don’t. Don’t. Dah, dah, dah. See it doesn’t work. Read more...



Hello, This is Peggy

By Allen White 

I took my son with me to Stop-A-Minit the other day. I was desperate for a Coke. He needed a treat – an Icee in this case. We also picked up a treat for his big brother. Read more...





More from Allen White: allenwhite.org

Most Read Posts: Celebrating 500 Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment