Sunday, May 11, 2014

An Epidemic of Growth

By Allen White

This letter is from Paul and Timothy, slaves of Christ Jesus. I am writing to all of God’s holy people in Philippi who belong to Christ Jesus, including the elders and deacons. May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace. Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God. Whenever I pray, I make my requests for all of you with joy, for you have been my partners in spreading the Good News about Christ from the time you first heard it until now. And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. Philippians 1:1-6

Southerners have a love/hate relationship with kudzu. What was introduced as an exotic Japanese wonder in 1876 was deemed a weed in 1972. It can grow a foot per day! In our family, kudzu is called “the ouchy plant.” I’m not sure if my children run into it or whether the kudzu grows around them as they play. There’s no stopping it. One herbicide even causes it to thrive!

The Gospel is a love relationship, but it is just as tenacious as “the vine that ate the South.” Once the Good News takes root in our hearts, it grows. Even when we doubt or stumble, God’s work continues in us. God isn’t finished with you. You might even grow “a foot a night,” if you make yourself available to Him.

Support Galatians 419 Ministries with a Tax Deductible Donation through the Joy to the World Foundation: http://joytotheworldfoundation.org/operating-projects/149-galations-419-ministries/backing

Leave a Comment or Subscribe: galatians419.blogspot.com
More from Allen White: allenwhite.org
Facebook: Galatians419 Group

No comments:

Post a Comment