Sunday, May 25, 2014

When It All Settles Down, I Will...

By Allen White

 And I want you to know, my dear brothers and sisters, that everything that has happened to me here has helped to spread the Good News. For everyone here, including the whole palace guard, knows that I am in chains because of Christ. And because of my imprisonment, most of the believers here have gained confidence and boldly speak God’s message without fear. Philippians 1:12-14

What would you feel like if you were in Paul’s situation? You’ve completely given your life to Christ. You have left behind your former way of life. You have supported yourself and traveled from place to place spreading the Good News, yet you are met with opposition more than acceptance. Now, you are imprisoned for doing what God has led you to do. How would you feel? Maybe resentful. Maybe confused. Possibly disillusioned. You’d think: “You know when I get out of here; I’m going to take some time to reevaluate my life’s path. When it all settles down, then I will see what God wants me to do.”

Paul didn’t have time for things to settle down. He knew that God called him to share Christ where Christ had never been preached. This was certainly one of those places.

What you’re in the middle of is exactly where God wants to use you. Do you see how God can use you where you are? If not, then today as you pray ask God to reveal that purpose to you.

Support Galatians 419 Ministries with a Tax Deductible Donation through the Joy to the World Foundation: http://joytotheworldfoundation.org/operating-projects/149-galations-419-ministries/backing

Leave a Comment or Subscribe: galatians419.blogspot.com
More from Allen White: allenwhite.org
Facebook: Galatians419 Group



No comments:

Post a Comment