Tuesday, May 27, 2014

What If You Had Nothing to Lose?

By Allen White

I don't expect to be embarrassed in the least. On the contrary, everything happening to me in this jail only serves to make Christ more accurately known, regardless of whether I live or die. They didn't shut me up; they gave me a pulpit! Alive, I'm Christ's messenger; dead, I'm his bounty. Life versus even more life! I can't lose. As long as I'm alive in this body, there is good work for me to do. If I had to choose right now, I hardly know which I'd choose. Hard choice! The desire to break camp here and be with Christ is powerful. Some days I can think of nothing better. But most days, because of what you are going through, I am sure that it's better for me to stick it out here. So I plan to be around awhile, companion to you as your growth and joy in this life of trusting God continues. You can start looking forward to a great reunion when I come visit you again. We'll be praising Christ, enjoying each other. Philippians 1:20-24 (MSG)

Do you catch Paul’s drift here? Pleasure and rest are in Heaven. Working for the benefit of others is a believer’s job on earth. Both are life-giving and good. Heaven is certainly not a place on earth. The freedom we have in Christ is to give all of ourselves away knowing that the vast majority of our existence will be spent in a place where there is no sorrow, no mourning and no pain (Revelation 21:4). There is opportunity all around us every day to give of ourselves. We might have to put pleasure off for a little bit, but one day, we will reap the reward.

Support Galatians 419 Ministries with a Tax Deductible Donation through the Joy to the World Foundation: http://joytotheworldfoundation.org/operating-projects/149--galations-419-ministries/backing

Leave a Comment or Subscribe: galatians419.blogspot.com
More from Allen White: allenwhite.org
Facebook: Galatians419 Group

No comments:

Post a Comment