Tuesday, July 22, 2014

One of Life's Greatest Teachers

By Allen White

I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Even so, you have done well to share with me in my present difficulty.

Often we are tempted to think, “When I get through this, when this trial is over, then I can connect with God.” We pray that God will get us out of a hard situation so we can get on with serving Him. The problem is that there’s always a problem it seems. Philippians 4:12-14

One of life’s greatest teachers is adversity. No one likes to hear that, but it’s true. Look at it this way: if we’re going to experience problems like Jesus said we would (John 16:33), then we might as well benefit from them.

If we have “almost nothing,” then we learn that scarcity brings clarity. It’s at the times that we lack that we truly appreciate what we have. If we have “everything,” then we enjoy how truly blessed we are. Then, Paul reveals “the secret to living in every situation.” Here’s the secret: “I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength.” We were hoping for the secret to make our problems disappear. The secret is Christ and what He provides. What can Jesus provide for you today?

Support Galatians 419 Ministries with a Tax Deductible Donation through the Joy to the World Foundation: http://joytotheworldfoundation.org/operating-projects/149-galations-419-ministries/backing

Leave a Comment or Subscribe: galatians419.blogspot.com
More from Allen White: allenwhite.org
Facebook: Galatians419 Group

No comments:

Post a Comment