Monday, July 28, 2014

What If Your Income Increased 25 Percent?

By Allen White

At the moment I have all I need—and more! I am generously supplied with the gifts you sent me with Epaphroditus. They are a sweet-smelling sacrifice that is acceptable and pleasing to God.  And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. Now all glory to God our Father forever and ever! Amen. Philippians 4:18-20

Do you have all that you need? Honestly, sometimes I’m not even sure that I know what I need. What could I live without? Unfortunately, we only try to figure out the necessities when we are forced to. Many people are figuring that out today.

Look at your budget (or create one). If you had to cut 25 percent, where would it come from? Would you still have everything you need? What falls into the other category: what you don’t really need?

Now, the big question: if you cut out what you don’t need, what would you do with the money? Take your wife on that trip you’ve always promised? Pay off your debt? Give to those in need?

It feels kind of freeing just thinking about it. What’s your next step?

Support Galatians 419 Ministries with a Tax Deductible Donation through the Joy to the World Foundation: http://joytotheworldfoundation.org/operating-projects/149-galations-419-ministries/backing

Leave a Comment or Subscribe: galatians419.blogspot.com
More from Allen White: allenwhite.org
Facebook: Galatians419 Group

No comments:

Post a Comment