Sunday, July 27, 2014

Thankful for Friends

By Allen White

As you know, you Philippians were the only ones who gave me financial help when I first brought you the Good News and then traveled on from Macedonia. No other church did this. Even when I was in Thessalonica you sent help more than once. I don’t say this because I want a gift from you. Rather, I want you to receive a reward for your kindness. Philippians 4:14-17

Notice that Paul doesn’t focus on the money or the amount. Instead, Paul’s desire is that their kindness would be rewarded. Their kindness relieved Paul’s burden. Their kindness helped Paul focus on ministry instead of money. When you think about it, kindness really doesn’t cost us that much? But, boy, unkindness can cost us a lot.

My wife accidentally left her address book at the Post Office one day. A day or so later, she received it in the mail. The clerk was kind enough to mail the address book to the return address on the packages she sent. I’m not sure if postage was due or not. It was the gesture that counted. Now, an address book isn’t a dire loss. She could have Googled all of those names and come up with something. But, the clerk by his kindness saved her both worry and time.

My wife thanked the clerk. I haven’t brought it up to him yet, but it sure is easy to be kind to him when I mail MY packages.

Support Galatians 419 Ministries with a Tax Deductible Donation through the Joy to the World Foundation: http://joytotheworldfoundation.org/operating-projects/149-galations-419-ministries/backing

Leave a Comment or Subscribe: galatians419.blogspot.com
More from Allen White: allenwhite.org
Facebook: Galatians419 Group

No comments:

Post a Comment