Tuesday, July 1, 2014

You Can't Borrow Other People's Spirituality

By Allen White

I was circumcised when I was eight days old. I am a pure-blooded citizen of Israel and a member of the tribe of Benjamin—a real Hebrew if there ever was one! I was a member of the Pharisees, who demand the strictest obedience to the Jewish law. I was so zealous that I harshly persecuted the church. And as for righteousness, I obeyed the law without fault. Philippians 3:5-6

Heritage is a wonderful thing. For those of us who have had parents, grandparents and others who have encouraged us in our faith, it’s a precious gift. We, in turn, can do the same for our children and grandchildren. We can show them how to have a relationship with God.
But, we must remember: God doesn’t have any grandchildren. God only has children. Our connection with God shouldn’t be assumed because our families were connected to God. Some will even go so far as to assume that they have a relationship with God because we live in a “Christian” nation or because Greenville is in the buckle of the Bible belt. If that logic is true, then if I lived in a barn, would I be a cow?
We can thank God for godly relatives who have encouraged us in the faith. But, we cannot depend upon the faith of another to save us. Only our faith in God will give us that assurance.

Support Galatians 419 Ministries with a Tax Deductible Donation through the Joy to the World Foundation: http://joytotheworldfoundation.org/operating-projects/149-galations-419-ministries/backing

Leave a Comment or Subscribe: galatians419.blogspot.com
More from Allen White: allenwhite.org
Facebook: Galatians419 Group

No comments:

Post a Comment