Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Beauty of Weakness

By Allen White

Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.  2 Corinthians 12:9

I used to say something very cruel to people who were suffering. I would tell them, “God must think that you are strong enough to face this situation.” I have since apologized for ever saying that. Suffering doesn’t reveal our strength. Suffering reveals our weakness.

Paul’s words show us that weakness is not necessarily a negative. Weakness allows us to more fully depend on God’s strength. I don’t feel a need for Christ’s power as strongly when things are going well. But, when things are beyond my control and my ability, I sure need Christ’s power then.

When I am weak, even when I sin, I receive God’s grace and power in abundant ways. “My power works BEST in weakness,” God tells Paul. How doesn’t God’s power work best in your life? What weakness are you facing that you need God’s grace and power today? All you need to do is ask and He will provide.

Support Galatians 419 Ministries with a Tax Deductible Donation through the Joy to the World Foundation: http://joytotheworldfoundation.org/operating-projects/149-galations-419-ministries/backing

Leave a Comment or Subscribe: galatians419.blogspot.com
More from Allen White: allenwhite.org
Facebook: Galatians419 Group

No comments:

Post a Comment